Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I can speak in one word sentences and be completely understood but not always heard.

Ready? Teeth brushed? Rubberbands? Shoes? Seatbelt? Backpack? Lunch? Water bottle?

Ready? Teeth brushed? Rubberbands? Glove? Bag? Bat? Cup?

Ready? Hands washed?

Done? More? Dishes?

Shoes? Jersey? Mouth guard?

I think sometimes I go an entire day with my sons (and husband) only giving directives and I wonder if they've heard me. The days go by so quickly that when my alarm sounds at 5:40 I know I am already late and scrambling. Our weekends so jam packed that Friday night is an anticipation of Saturday. Sunday is a "oh, not already" and the preparations for tomorrow begin.

I remember my grandfather once told me that being 30 will not last long because you are so busy taking care of everyone else. He was exactly right.

I wonder and fear what 40 will be. Will it be more one word sentences? Less talking and more doing?

Ready? Teeth brushed? Face washed? Good night.

Ready? Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment