I am making a list of doctors who suck! That's right you know them. The best part is that then I have to pay for the services or lack thereof. I have of course not mentioned names but before you make a new appointment looking for help, email me and I will save you time and money.
1. The dermatologist who showed me photos on her IPhone of a man on her exam table, naked I might add, hairy and very overweight with a HOLE in his ass cheek where she was removing a huge growth. This of course was shared with me to make me feel better about having a softball sized growth removed from my back in that same office. I still wonder how she thought this would persuade me from having it in the very clean, private, general anesthesia, camera free (or at least I think) operating room with a surgeon. She also had pics of the growth that was removed. I am currently shuddering and throwing up in my mouth!
2. My internist's partner who asked if I could please wait until Tuesday( from Friday night) for my regular doctor to get back in the office before going to the hospital to have my gall bladder removed even though I failed the test at the hospital and they wanted to admit me.
3. The nurses at the hospital that forgot about me in the waiting room when I had food poisoning until they re-triaged me and found I could not give a urine sample because I was so dehydrated which = an IV and back to the waiting room for 7 hours total!
4. The orthopedic surgeon who talked to his partner for 25 of the 65 minutes I was waiting for him while in pain of course, just outside the exam room about the hot receptionist they interviewed. After gracing me with his presence (10 minutes) he said when the pain was too much to drive myself to his office and to physical therapy we would discuss more treatment but I was otherwise doing well. Doing well was requiring 4 vicodin a day just to get up. I was unable to wash or dry my own hair. My right hand was constant pins and needles. But his receptionist was hot!
5. The second orthopedic surgeon who came highly recommended and did an xray at his office (another 2 hour wait while in pain) and asked if I had nipple rings??? Ah... nice.
6. The plastic surgeon who stuffed my mouth with gauze to "stop that screaming already" as he did reconstructive surgery on me in the emergency room with too little morphine. A wonderful nurse did save me and unstuffed my mouth, told him off and gave me pain meds.
7. The physician who told me she would make the decisions about what I needed and that she was the doctor. For the two months I was her patient I had a mammogram, a stress test and then refused the CAT scan for migraines I'd had for years. She insisted I was having a stroke and would not be responsible if I "stroked out" when she advised me to go to the hospital. She also made me wait over two hours for a physical but ran out of time so only did a history and then had me come back in one week. On my receipt she listed asthma and charged me twice for an exam. Insurance questioned it as did I and the office manager insisted she diagnosed me with exam one week and the next week did a more "thorough" exam.
8. The neurosurgeon who was deemed "arrogant" by an online reviewer turned out to be a BITCH who would not recommend any treatment even after I waited 1 month for the appointment and 2 hours for her to come into the exam room because I did not have a current MRI. It seems she has exchanged her empathy for some expertise that she did not share with me. Somewhere she has lost touch with why she is practicing medicine and I would love to write to her to tell her that she took away a lot the day I met her with so much hope and excitement, after all she is supposed to be an expert in her field. I returned to my car a different person, less hopeful, more bitter and so heatbroken to be starting over with the calls to insurance and doctors and a new consultation and less trust.
I was told to bring any films or info I had. The last one was 2007 but she said it was too old even though the symptoms were the same for ten years. She also said my exam (3 minutes of turning neck, pulling hands, reflexes) was great and although I SAY I have pain I appear fine and my neurologic symptoms are only mine since she cant see anything without an MRI.
I told her I cant do anything...no running, no jumping.. she asked how this effects my life. Ok I know I am not running any marathons but when it hurts to move quickly there is a problem. what a racket. A consultation fee for nothing?
After telling her I did not know I needed a new MRI she said, well you could go down to the hospital tonight for one (I had now been in the office over two hours and needed to drive 45 mins to get my kids) . When I tried to explain I could not go that night and would have gladly had one for the last month waiting for the appointment she said she was doing the best she could but was certain I was told to get a new MRI before my appt. I said I was not. She walked me, very teacher like, to the manager of the receptionists and made me tell her what I'd said (really!) The receptionist said there was a script and if they did not tell me I was to have one before I came she was sorry.
So I cried like an ass! I cried and said what a waste of time and how frustrating to wait a month and two hours for ten minutes and nothing. I left with no prescription for MRI or help of any kind. She was certain to give me a copy of my paperwork which only stated my history and that no treatment was done at this time because no MRI was done.
No comments:
Post a Comment