Before I had two boys I rarely used seriously as a complete sentence. Now it is both a question and an exclamation. It is used so many times a day that when I heard my kids say it I knew it was overplayed, but I am helpless to respond any other way:
In response to a preteen who leaves every piece of clothing he has tried to layer on his growing frame, on his floor in front of his open closet doors with hangers still swinging.
To an aging Jack Russell Terrier who pees exactly where I was about to step even though he was just out.
To a smoothie and glass covered tile floor and crying seven year old who thought he could drink and walk.
After realizing my son posted his cell phone number on an online message board.
Listening to two boys who are sometimes bickering, giggling because they've stayed up too late on New Year's Eve.
Standing in a twenty person deep line at Aeropostole to get yet another white hoodie.
Trying to find my son's football jersey number in a sea of running and falling/tackling jerseys to see if he is on the bottom of the pile. Photographing said jersey numerous times only to find I was watching the wrong one the whole game.
So many seriouslies...... I guess it is better than other words that come to mind....seriously
No comments:
Post a Comment